Saturday, May 17, 2008

silly saturdays


This Canadian May long weekend is a scorcher! last May long was a mix of snow/rain/gloom.
In no way am I prepared for this weather. Living on the 4th floor of an apartment complex with no air conditioning...I should have been better prepared. My baby Dex was grumpy indoors, and the only way he fell asleep tonight was with a borrowed fan from a friendly 1st floor neighbor! When the hot sun went down a little, I took my baby to his swing. He loves his swing, and I especially love the tree behind his swing. So we both smile and the heat is now pleasant.
I do need groceries though...something about heat makes me lazy...and somewhat messed in the head. My dinner consisted of Alphagetti...I added toasted mesquite walnuts (gotta have that crunch), Bullseye BBQ sauce (gotta zest things up a tad) and ketchup (can't go wrong with that quality redness). My poor husband...this is the kind of food I pride myself in. Oh well, when we get paid on Tuesday I'll make something a little more complicated!



One thing I'm especially happy about today, my dad brought over a bike for us to use for the summer! TAKE THAT high gas prices!! Now I just need to track down a "chariot" or "baby bike trailer" so I can take Dex on some quality bike rides.
One of my dear friends Jo is always on the go with a new project. She makes chalkboards from scratch for goodness sake! I added this picture of my BENCH so she could get a laugh.



Jo, this is MY project....putting together my child's Noah's Ark inspired park bench! I know I know....it requires a handful of screws and a screwdriver....but ask me if I have those handy? I'm embarrassed to answer. Anyways, hopefully next time you bring your beautiful baby girl by, the bench will be all ready for her to sit on.
Tomorrow, off to Calgary for the long weekend to visit one of my best friends...my 76 year old Oma!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Your bench is adorable! I love the noah's ark theme on it. Want to borrow a screwdriver? ;-)

Maria said...

Hey Heids! I noticed your blog on Facebook and decided I'd stop by and read.

I am so glad you have a fan...it's bloomin hot here too.

By the way...I love you bench. :)