Wednesday, June 4, 2008

the dreaded BIKINI!


so i'm invited to my dear friend's lingerie shower this friday, it is a tropical hot tub party! i'm looking forward to it, but i realized i don't have a decent bathing suit. in my genes, i won't say which side...but i'll just make a blanket statement....some of the ladies in my extended family are blessed with rather disproportionately large rumps. now because of this, i have always been a little self conscious about my own. subsequently, i have never actually been brave enough to don an ACTUAL BIKINI! its always been a tankini with board shorts.
now since i've had a baby, i'm still the heaviest i've ever been in my life (save for when i was pregnant of course), but i actually am proud of my body. i don't care so much about the rump area, and my husband assures me its a really decent rump. i guess just the fact that i was SOOOOOOOOO freaking huge while pregnant, i feel so skinny now *haha*. so i am going to wear a bikini for the first time in my life, in public. i scoured the mall for some good bottoms and found these cute pink plaid ones on sale for $10!!! not bad not bad! they kinda look like granny panties in this picture, but i assure you they are cute little booty shorts so my whole butt isn't hanging out but its a vast improvement from board shorts that hang down to my knees! the brown halter is a walmart special i've had for a while, of course always wearing it UNDER a tank-top in public. but i'm gonna let it all hang out come friday at the hot tub party. go me!

4 comments:

Jo said...

Hey Heidi. That is a cute bikini! If you wear yours, I'll wear my bikini without the t-shirt. Deal? Your tummy definitely looks better than mine!
See you Friday!

mrs. heidi said...

deal!! and we still plan to avoid sitting next to miss double zero, we'll snuggle up to mrs. 6 months pregnant instead...

Jo said...

sounds like a plan ;-)

Maria said...

You are so lucky you get to wear a bikini. I don't get too...I have stretch marks that look horrible...so I get to hide behind a one piece. Not to mention that my "girls" have grown so much due to breastfeeding it's in sane. I can't even find a one piece that fits right...so I'm ordering one from Speedo. They make em' for swimmers surely it'll work for me.

Have fun at the party!