Friday, May 16, 2008

behind a paper thin door

wednesday i was getting on the elevator with the stroller 'n Dex after our lovely walk, when I heard loud yelling which caught me off guard . I snooped down the hallway of the apartment complex and stood in front of the door from which the yelling was coming from.
I felt like a snoop, but at the same time, I wanted to make sure no one was getting hurt.
It was a man shouting very loudly at his very quiet and frightened wife. He was yelling and cursing up the ying yang. He was so loud that I wondered why no other neighbors were coming out of their suites and wanting to know what the ruckus was about.
I suddenly heard the woman say in a small timid voice "you're scaring me!", so I took my key, and proceeded to unlock the boiler/laundry room door which was situated directly across from the Yelling Man's suite. I opened and slammed the boiler/laundry room door shut 3 times, very loudly and obnoxiously. My plan worked and right away Yelling Man opened the door of his suite and popped his head out, asking me if I was having a problem with the laundry room door. I told him the only problem I was having was with how loud and rude he was being. I told him that he had woken my baby (wee little bluff) and that living in a building with other people means you have to show respect and not just be YELLING so loud at others! Yelling Man was extremely upset with what I said to him. He told me I have no business talking to him about this, but that I had 2 rights, the first to call the police and the second to call the landlord. (Little does he know I'm a relative of the building owner/manager, so if he would have tried anything I could have him kicked outta there in 2 shakes). He was right about those things and so I didn't put up anymore arguement on my behalf. I was trembling though. He started closing the door of his suite and said "let me show you how to properly close a door" and as I walked away I retorted back "let me show you the proper tone to speak to people with you F*$%-ing LOSER!"

So now I have an enemy within my building. I did not hesitate to call up my trusty landlord and Yelling Man is now getting served with a noise disturbance warning. Plus I realized Yelling Man is the loser who's always smoking weed by our vehicle outside, so he's getting a drug warning too. I hope his poor wife is alright. No one should have to take such verbal abuse!

1 comment:

Jo said...

yikes! Heidi, you need to be careful! I did get your note for R&A's advice book. I think it was the best one! I have your prize, so I'll give that to you next time I see you. Tuesday maybe?